Sunday with Lorille

I’m going to do something I’ve not done in my blog yet, post about each day of my life for this whole week (not that anyone is int’rested), just doing something new. Kind of like a ‘reality’ blog without the live camera, so bear with me.

To start off, let’s do Sunday…


Sunday I had the privilege to hang out with one of the readers of this blog and actually has a feed on this blog. Lorille. (
Lawreal
) she got to know me through Kevin (kuya Kevin, through whom I’ve met so many friends now) and have made a painting for her.

Since I can’t just go out (in case you didn’t know I’m in a wheelchair and needs someone to drive for me in order to get out of the hou
se) and meet her at a mall when she has the time, Lorille went out of her way to come to me. I’m overwhelmed she really wanted to meet me in person (I mean, who am I?) and was game to find my house. I worried if she got lost but smart girl, it took her not even half an hour and she was already here, in person.

My first impression? Warm and looks so young for her age (Nothing like the Filipina, ages gracefully and sooo slowly, like we never age at all). She met some of my family, we chatted and watched a movie (“Pursuit of happiness” – will do a review of that one of these days), we had dinner, dessert and more talk.

She gave me a beautiful white bag (And I’ve been thinking of getting one) and so this morning I moved all my stuff there. The only thing I didn’t put in there is the TV…just kidding. And everyone who walked in to my room noticed it first and says something like “That’s a nice bag, where’d you get it?” and I proudly say “Lorille gave that to me!”

She kept saying I have a great family AND I DO! I have great friends too who are great people, LIKE HER, who’d go out of their way to see or do something for a handicap girl like me. I don’t know how at times, I can still complain.

So Lorille was my SUNDAY and I so enjoyed the movie and the company. God bless her soul.

Comments

LawReal said…
yes thess you are blessed with a great family! i have enjoyed being with you and your parents.... you are indeed nurtured by love and care..regards.
Karen said…
I'm sooooooooo happy for you, ate!

Finally, you have met Lorille in person. ^__^

Tayo kaya? 0______<
Thess said…
Karen,

How do you want to meet? At the mall or come over to my house? Pag sa mall, I think I'm ok on weekends as long as our jeep is running. If sa haouse, then anytime..

Sabihin mo lang. Your painting is waiting too..:)