Saturday with Kevin

I finally met my good friend “Kevin” (more known as kuyakevin in the university zone and blogosphere) in person last Saturday night at a mall. Please take note that this was my first time, EVER, to try and meet a guy at a mall that I’ve never personally hung out yet. AND I’ve decided to do it because I trust him and he seems like a safe person to see AND ALL his friends say only good things about him (now, having divulged that I can’t blackmail him anymore).

Now, this being my first time, I didn’t know how it’s supposed to be done but Kevin led on and I survived and really enjoyed it. He was a gentleman from beginning to end. There was no dull moment and we covered a wide variety of subjects. There was even a point when he sat back talking, his arms folded to his chest and I just couldn’t help this funny thought, he looked like “Mr. Clean”, Ha-ha! Just better looking.

I tried my best to eat all my portions of the dinner (I’ve become used to eating dinner at 4 pm and nothing more after 6 – my diet - and it was way past 6) because he paid for every cent of it and there are starving children in Ethiopia so we shouldn’t waste food BUT I just couldn’t empty a half tumbler of iced tea anymore so forgive me.

Before our date (if you call it that, a friendly one) wrapped up, he drove my chair out of where we ate and joked ‘people must think I’m rich, my driver is an American’. I felt really pretty, feeling most of the girls there felt sorry Kevin was with me and not with them. Yes!

It’s nice that even though I’m in a wheelchair, in a country that have limited opportunities for people like me, now and then I still get to have a life. And if I do, so would you. So live more.

Kuya Kevin (100th post)

Comments

Kevin said…
Glad we were finally able to meet in person. Blessings!
WOW! All along I thoughi you guys knew each other na (as in, you have met na and all...) Astig! Ü