Online Relationship – Introduction

I met my husband 14 years ago in a chat room online. Back then, romance over the internet for me didn’t even exist. It was my brother who introduced me to email and chat on the computer. It was simply just an outlet, since I couldn’t go out to socialize and barely had a life really, the internet became my social life, my library, education and travel. I could get bulks of information about things I wanted to know more about (couldn’t go out to buy books and didn’t have the money either), view photographs of many places (I can’t go to), I learned how to paint online, reading and watching art tutorials but most of all, I made friends. Friends near and far that I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to know if it hadn’t been for this virtual reality world. Eventually, I also found a friend for life here that became very personal and ended in a marriage full of love and nurturing.

I’m very happy with him and proud that I have chosen well for myself. I don’t claim to be an expert but because my love story that began online ended happily, I want to share the things I needed to do, the precautionary measures I had taken, to help others (Filipinas or not) who may be going through the same situation I went through, who may be hoping for the same ending, or who just need some guidance. Whichever is the case, the reason for this is to share, relate, help, guide.

There is NO “ONE” formula for love that fits all. Each of us is an individual that have a distinct need and desire. We go about life differently from each other, depending on experiences, upbringing, values we’ve learned from childhood or have discovered ourselves. But even with that in mind it wouldn’t hurt to learn from others’ experiences.

ONLINE REATIONSHIP?
When I say “Online”, I mean, the internet (and I don’t think I need to expound further on that). I’m talking here about a relationship with a person you have met on the internet NOT in person, through a friend, relative or somebody you bumped into somewhere and became friendly with. I mean, someone you don’t know personally but only on the net. You might have met him/her on Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, in a chat room, in a social network etc. In other words, a “STRANGER”. A relationship on the internet with someone YOU DON’T REALLY KNOW.


(to be continued)

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Kevin said…
Look forward to your posts on this topic. Blessings!!
Thess said…
Thanks Kevin, I need that encouragement. I haven't been writing for sometime now. Salamat. God bless you and Cris
Kevin said…
I haven't written much on my personal blog, either. I'll get back to it one of these days.