Gospel from an unlikely place

My husband and I went to the mall sometime ago and he spotted a spectacles store just before we turned a corner not long after we came in. I had no idea he was going to buy me my first reading glasses, so we walked in and I wondered why. Then he said "Reading glasses 2.5". I thought he was the one getting them until one of the ladies brought out the choices and he pointed to me. Indeed it was unexpected and was happy about it but what surprised me was what happened next.

After we have chosen the one I like, when one of the ladies put it in its case, she pulled out a paper bag from the bottom of one of the glass shelves and a book and put both items in the bag.

I got a freebie! when I asked what it was, the woman said "It's a Bible". I thought it was cool and told her. When I got home and excitedly emptied the paper bag. It was actually "Our daily Bread". Either the woman didn't know what a Bible is or she referred to it as that because, I suppose in a way, it is the Gospel, with all the verses and words of faith in it, it might as well serve as one too; well, sort of.

Nevertheless, I am glad. What a clever way to promote the Gospel, the Bible, God, by giving it away with a bought product. And what else matches a book than a pair of reading glasses?! 

I don't know if the owner of the store is a Christian but they sure are spreading the good news or at least, awareness of it in a delightful way. God bless them!

NOTE: You're probably curious what optical shop it is. Well, I'm about to tell you and I don't get any credit, discount or commission for it, free advertising just because they're giving away "Our Daily Bread". It's EO (Executive Optical) at SM Fairview. Don't know how long the promo will last but if you do need new glasses, why not try there and get a book too!



John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments