MY RADIO INTERVIEW IN AUSTRALIA

I think one of the most exciting first times adventure I have had in my recent holiday in Australia is the privilege of being interviewed in one of the community radio stations at Box Hill town hall, Australia; to be specific, on 3WBC 94.1 FM – Whitehorse BoroondaraCommunity Radio. The host of the program is Russell’s (my husband) long time friend, Ray Allen. His program is called “Raymondo’s Remember When – Nostalgia withRay Allen” that airs on Thursdays from 1 to 2 pm Melbourne time (click the "select date" box and choose any thursday on the calendar and click submit, scroll down and you will find the program on the list).

It was quite exciting! We were picked up at 11 am from the house in Mulgrave and taken to the Box Hill (also known as the city of Whitehorse) town hall where the radio studios are. Mind you we had only been home since 3 am that morning from another friend’s house where we were invited for dinner the night before so I had only very little sleep and still groggy but the thought of being heard internationally truly gave me the boost.

The town hall also house an art gallery and before we went on air, we had the chance to look around and see the exhibits on display. There were numerous sculptures and works by different artists and a show of photographs of early farm life taken on a sheep station in outback New South Wales. My phone went low on battery so no souvenir pictures to take home and post here. Well, can’t have everything can I?

Finally, our time for the interview arrived and we were ushered into the studio. I was very nervous at first. I had a live stream interview online before (Unfortunately, the clip hasbeen removed from the site but you can still read the comments from those who’vewatched the interview live here) but that was local, no pressure to speak in English and the hosts of the show were Filipinos. This time, we will be inteviewed by a true blooded Australian, listeners will be Australians and non-Tagalog speakers so I have to say everything in English. We will not only be heard in the local community radio but could also be listened to from live streaming online so it was a bit nerve wracking.

I think we did pretty well. We were able to answer all the
questions. We talked about how we met, how we fell in love, our marriage, our life in the Philippines etc. Our friend Ray has sent an email saying he has organized a copy of the interview in a CD so maybe when I get it, I might be able to put it in here on an audio format so those who may be interested would be able to at least, listen, I will try but I can’t promise.

I never imagined, in my wildest dream, I’ll ever get international exposure of any magnitude so this was a very pleasant unexpected event, and I am first, so thankful to God for all these blessings and second, to our friend Ray for featuring our story on his program. It just goes to show how life can really surprise you at times. Not only can your dreams come true but you get even more than what you dream of.

So hang in there and don’t lose hope. Keep dreaming and keep praying and trusting the Lord.


We thank you Ray Allen (Mr. Nostalgia) and more power to 3WBC 94.1 FM!
________________________________________________________

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments