Pets rule (Australia V)

I thought that in Australia, being the land of the hopping kangaroos, they were everywhere there, at least I expected to see one as soon as we hit the forest trails but not so. You have to go looking for them. I only saw about four kangas in the three weeks I was there. One was hopping about by the roadside in Philip Island that Russell saw. We stopped, rolled down the window and begged for a time to chat and my pleading was considered.

Here is a short footage of that memorable meeting. You’ll hear my squeaky, high-pitched voice over in the video. I don’t know why my phone records it like that.

Australia is a haven for animals, they have centers and reservation sites for their koalas and fairy penguins etc. They are kept and fed and staffed well. Over there, dogs are not security guards but family members

Let me introduce you to the dog who lives in Russell’s family room
at the back of the house, Tashie, a 12 years old Labrador (I think) angel. She definitely knew Russell and was so happy to see him again. She won me and I won her the first time we met. First encounter was followed by many with licks, scratching and girl talks. I saw her in the morning and at night but I seemed invisible when her owner/slave is around. Tashie loves sunbathing in the mornings in the family room, she’s not allowed anywhere else inside the house but I’d been warned she can really put on a ‘pitiful, poor me let me in please’ face when she wants to go farther in the house than she’s allowed to go and that if I look at her long enough with that face, I’d give in and it’s true.

Tashie is not the only four legged family member I met there. The next girl on my article definitely rules! She’s “THE PRINCESS”. Binky is a 6 year old Pomeranian, tiny, black and brown but so fluffy and full of life. When we went to have dinner at her house, a black little thing was jumping up and down and to and from the sofas and coffee table, very excited and sniffing my foot and chair….and after not much barking we were introduced. She is like the cutest thing I have ever seen. And in her house she’s the DIVA!

Next on the list is a German Shepherd. I can’t remember her name but I definitely remember her size. Still a puppy but when standing on her two hind legs is about 6 foot tall and four foot on all fours. She is certainly a dog to reckon with. Her size alone could scare you.


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments