THE WAY TO FLY (AUSTRALIA)


“The way to travel by plane is to go with your wife in a wheelchair” – Russell  Painter

I just got back from my short vacation across the ocean, from


the land down under where kangaroos shyly roam the forests, where gum trees are home to Koalas and fairy penguins come ashore at dusk! Where else but the beautiful Australia!

We flew Cathay Pacific and their “Meet and Assist” program for people with disability (particularly those in wheelchairs) is worth the mention. From the time I left Manila, stopped over in Hongkong, dropped by Adelaide, landed in Melbourne, and back, my husband never had to push my chair.. I was assisted all throughout the flight, treated with love and care, almost like royalty. My husband just tagged along so he would say.

We’re quite satisfied with the way they assisted people who needed to use a wheelchair. I can even fly alone!

The three weeks escape from the scorching heat of Manila was refreshing. From 39 degrees to 17 was definitely a change. I discovered a world I haven’t explored yet. I’ve discovered how brave I really am, to travel and cross the deep, and at one point was watching the sunset by the southern ocean that meets the shore of Antarctica! Imagine that! In a day I was in three airports and four cities! I took the risk to fly, to travel to a land unknown to me and I got rewarded for it.

I got home in one piece although my wheelchair got completely wrecked in the cargo and the airline has to give us full compensation (but that’s another story), it was still a pleasant trip to the land of plain and trees.

How I wish I could share my wonderful experiences there with you in full detail and take you on the tour with me but the videos and pictures I’ve taken is limited, so is my time on the computer. But in spite of that I will try if I can but I don’t promise anything.


NOTE: This article is dedicated to my friends Arnel Oroceo, Teresa Magpayo and Fhely Sabino.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Jherson Jaya said…
welcome back ate thess!!!
Kevin said…
Welcome back! I'm really glad you enjoyed your trip.