PWD Card (your 20 % discount right)


I finally have the card for “Persons with Disability” that entitles me to a twenty percent discount on basic commodities purchased, from establishments like theaters, restaurants etc.  The other day when I was at “Watsons” to buy a portable nebulizer and asked if I can use my PWD card, the chemist lady said I can use it and get discount for medicines but not for machines so it won’t cover the item I was buying at the time but I was happy enough to know I could use my card at SM (A famous mall in the Philippines that I frequent).
If you are a person with disability living in the Philippines, you have the right to own and have this card. Not only does it entitle you to discounts but it’s also an important ID you can use for chasing up legal papers that require valid IDs.
HOW?
Go to your Baranggay hall and inquire. Some Baranngays issue this card, some rather gives you a certification (that’s what I got). If the Baranngay issues the card then just submit the documents they require, if they don’t, ask for a certification and then take it to where they tell you to go and submit. I live in Quezon city so I took my certification to the Quezon city Hall, at the SSDD building (yellow) and I got my card in about 20 minutes.
If your disability is obvious (Well, I’m in a wheelchair with atrophied legs, what can be more obvious than that) they may not require you to submit a medical certificate. If that isn’t the case then just get one.
Exercise your right.
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments