Government offices prioritize people with disability


Before I went to  CFO (Commission on Filipino Overseas) to attend a seminar for a certificate I’ll need for a passport, I phoned in first and asked what I need to bring with me and did I have to have an appointment and I was told there was no need for an appointment and that people with disability are prioritized. Now, does that mean no waiting in line, walk-in privileges, special processing? I didn’t know but I hoped at least, I will not be treated with discrimination.

True enough, I didn’t have to line up, I was given priority, assistance and attention. I was quite impressed by the way my presence was acknowledged and the way my papers were handled.

I did the same thing with DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) and called in before I went and I was rendered the same service, assisted right from the moment I stepped in and in less than 30 minutes it was done.

Yesterday we went to one of the Australian Embassy’s SDPs (Service Delivery Partner) in Makati to lodge in my visa but this time I wasn’t able to phone in successfully since their hotline numbers are truly hot, you can’t get through and didn’t know if I’ll be accorded the same service as the previous government offices. With my bag and documents, and a loving, supportive husband behind me , we wheeled in the office. As soon as the desk officer saw us, he immediately offered assistance and I didn’t have to wait at all. My application was submitted and accepted right away.

KUDOS to the CFO, DFA, VIA Center and other such offices and public places that give priority to the disabled and the elderly! God bless you!

Recommended reading: Magna Carta for Disabled Persons by Chan Robles


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments