Getting back to love Part II (On your own or with someone)


Doing it alone
It’s best to deal with the baggage and issues of past relationships by yourself, making sure you’re over them and have recovered (at least, to some extent) before embarking on building a new one.

Like I said when I started this topic, I’ll share some of my own experiences and I will. I was unattached for 5 years before I began entertaining the thought of seeing someone again. I declined a very sincere offer of marriage some years back because I wasn’t over the love and hurt of the last relationship I was in. It would be unfair to that person to accept the offer when I could only give a half-hearted commitment.

Now some would say, the best way to get over a heartbreak is to rebound (I don’t recommend this) or have someone who cares about you to help you through it. That could work depending on the issues that you have, how deeply rooted they are and the person you will be with.

Taking the steps with someone
Now, what if someone become interested in you and you like him/her too BUT you know you still have relationship fears to deal with, he knows it, you’ve told him, what then? Well, can he handle it? Can he help you?

If you have ‘trust’ issues, DON’T BE WITH SOMEONE YOU CAN’T TRUST. Maybe he/she is trustworthy and has no record of cheating but for some reason you can’t trust him then don’t be with him. If you’re not yet ready to trust anybody then don’t be with anyone at all until you think and believe you can trust again.

If this person who likes you can help you and show you the way how to trust again or how to deal with your issues then why not? BUT if he/she just aggravates them all the more then there's no point trying.


To be continued…


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments