Getting back to love Part I (Intro)

I know I’ve been slacking on my writing lately, I guess I have gotten some sort of life outside my blog but that doesn’t mean I’ve forsaken one of my first loves. So here I am, kind of groping my way back to posting something and hopefully will succeed somehow.

Most of my topics here are about issues regarding single women, men, relationships and I continue to be single though attached now (there, a piece of private information for you), I still enjoy writing about things pertaining to love and singleness so that’s what I’ll do.

Everyone wants to be loved and be in a healthy relationship, unfortunately not everyone deals well with getting broken-hearted, many of us do carry on after one heart break to another BUT bring the baggage along with us for life, and into the next relationship we’re getting involved in and it becomes a vicious cycle that never ends.

Maybe the baggage is a ‘trust’ issue, fear of relationship (fear of getting hurt) etc. Whatever it is, we need to get rid of and face these issues before we go into another involvement if we want to have a relationship that would have a happier ending. And I will be writing about this in a series based on my own experience.

I had and have to deal with my own issues too and I’d have to say I’m still on the journey to recovery. So if you’ve got baggage, so do I, I can relate. I’m no expert but what you’d be reading here in the coming days might help you as well

Admission
The first step is to admit you have issues. Don’t ignore them. If you know you do and admit you do, then you guard yourself. Maybe it isn’t that there’s no good guy/girl anymore but it’s us that has a problem. Whatever is our baggage (check for later posts), no one else can help you but yourself and GOD.

PRAY – of course this would be part of my advice. Go to God with it. Take it up with Him and ask guidance, help, wisdom, because obviously you can’t do it just by yourself or you could’ve already.

DO NOT GET INVOLVED until the issues have been dealt with. We’ll just likely carry it over the next relationship. If we can’t help being single for long and someone is sincerely interested, make sure he/she knows what he/she is getting into and that is, he/she is getting involved with someone who has serious issues regarding relationships.

 To be continued…


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

"DO NOT GET INVOLVED until the issues have been dealt with. We’ll just likely carry it over the next relationship. If we can’t help being single for long and someone is sincerely interested, make sure he/she knows what he/she is getting into and that is, he/she is getting involved with someone who has serious issues regarding relationships."

-- i agree. i am a witness to a few & it's just heart breaking to see them jump from one to another relationship while the most recent hadn't had its "closure"... it is such a crazy cycle that seems to haunt them forever... & sad to say it happened to a family member. :(