What are you doing for love?

I was in a phone conversation with a friend a few days ago and he said something that made me write this post; he said “Don’t you just pray and ask God to give you a partner in life?” To which I replied “Yes, you pray but God won’t drop your future wife from heaven. She’d either be dead at touchdown or broken in pieces.”

My friend can’t go out dating like ordinary men can, he’s handicap. If he ever gets out, it’s to the church or with the church so I suggested he makes himself visible and available online. Join social network sites, make friends, meet new people

I’m not a big fan of online dating either, there’s nothing like the old-fashioned way of meeting a girl/boy face to face, going out on movie dates and concerts but we also can’t erase the fact, though not for all, that it has worked for many, and to some, the only thing that could work.

MY point is that often we keep praying but we don’t do our part, we don’t do anything at all.  Explore all avenues; open the windows and unlock the doors. Invite the opportunities. DO SOMETHING!


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Spiderbeavis said…
Actually, she would burn up in the process of entering Earth's atmosphere. One might get to observe a few of the leftover ashes wafting to the ground if they're lucky! *hehe* Good post.
Chin chin said…
Praying without doing your part is also like saying having faith without doing anything. Well, that won't result to anything much.

I hope your friend would have more opportunities to meet that special someone.

God bless.
Thess said…
Chin-chin, me too. I want him to be happy and to be loved, and that goes to all my friends.

Spider,
I've missed you. Good to hear from you :)