The yogurt experience

Do you ever realize that what’s actually good for you always doesn’t taste pleasant?

Such is yogurt, nutritious and good for the body but with an undesirable sour taste.  A friend of mine who is actually, weight and health conscious practically lives on it and convinced me to give it a try.

I was told about the acerbic but tolerable taste long before I had my first one. Finally, a few days ago, my sister in-law got me one and I was hopeful I’d like it, after all, I am always on the lookout for healthy stuff. I DIDN’T!

My niece and nephew love it but not me. Told a friend that the taste offended me and that it almost drove me to curse (ok, just kidding) nonetheless I plan to have another one again in the near future and why? It’s healthy (read the opening paragraph above). In the long run, it will benefit me.

Good things, like exercise, veggies, medicines, correction, testing, realization of mistakes are unpleasant at the beginning but will turn into blessings in disguise in the end.

When we know it’s the right thing to do, let’s do it, when it’s the right thing to take, swallow.

Further Reading:
Food and sin
Life and lemons

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Brewed Coffee said…
Your experience with yogurt is much like my experience with apple cider vinegar. I know it's good but I cannot make it a habit drinking its diluted form. When it comes to that, I suppose we have to find other healthy alternatives.

I love yogurt by the way..but the healthy ones are the unflavored, unsweetened ones...not those with the fruity flavors that's packed with sugar.
Thess said…
I didn't know that about yogurt, the unflavored, unsweetened ones are the real healthy ones, I had the fruity flavored one and didn't like it so unflavored sounds dreadful..lol but we're after what's healthy here so I'll keep that in mind and try the unsweetened one next time.

Thanks :)