The truth

In the context of owning up to what we've done wrong when we're in trouble and accepting responsibility for our mistakes.


The truth often hurt but at the same time that it’s painful, it can also be healing and freeing so it is always better.

This week, I’ve had to deal with many truths in my life. First we had to confront someone close to us about his character and to point out the issues with him was straining. How do you tell somebody pointblank his flaws lovingly, as gently as you could, not to injure the person but rather make it clear that although correction is needed, it’s also for the person’s best interest?

Maybe we were good at it that we got our point across and minimized ill feelings toward each other. The person also is commendable for accepting the correction though he put up a fight at the start and that’s understandable.



Second – I’ve had to be truthful with someone I care about just a few days after. I knew it would hurt him and it would cost us our relationship but it had to be told because we promised to be honest. It was very painful to me because I was the one who had to break it to him and although it hurt me too, I hurt more for him.

Third, I needed a dose of “the truth” myself. This time, I was the one that was going to get the blow but I had to ask for it and get the answer and move on after.



Lastly, the truth is that fish die and no matter how you to try to keep them happy, there’s just no way to keep them healthy, from parasites and water poisoning, infection etc. nothing you can really do to guarantee their long life. I know that some of you enjoyed my posts here about George and Winona and have followed their story, sadly, My Winona couldn’t fight this truth anymore and she died this morning.


The truth is that we can only live in fantasy for a short time, eventually we will have to wake up and face the truth of reality and nothing can spare us from the pain of it but there’s someone who can at least, help us get through it for certain, GOD.


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments