Brand vs. Convenience

I have more bags than pair of shoes. Many of them are given away or tucked away to rot in a cabinet. I’m picky with my bags; I’m more for their usage than the brand name. I want one that can both contain my Bible, girly and Sunday school stuff when I’m teaching.

Bags are not cheap these days. Those that are don’t last very long and usually don’t have the desired size of compartments I need for my things.

Since mom has been into recycling and repairing bags lately (giving them a new look - her own art) and we get all sorts of them all the time, different sizes and colors, from friends, relatives, gifts from Christmas and other occasions. We thought, ‘Why not design and make our own?” and we did. So I have two new bags now, one for Sunday school and one handbag when I’m not teaching. Both didn’t cost much but are convenient to use. Who knows, maybe we can get into some sort of business with this.



These days we need to be wise with our money and spending. Recycle and repair as much we can, buy things more for their use than their brands, all the more better if we can make them ourselves. Imagine if you’ll never have to buy bags and accessories (like earrings for example), what savings!

Further readings:


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Blue, how are you? since closing out my Facebook I have not had any contact with a lot of my new friends....just wanted to say hello ....and pray you would come by to visit me and let us get reaquainted....Rhonda from Facebook
Thess said…
visit you where? Do you mean, at your blog or you've gone back to Facebook?