When she walked away

There was a girl I knew who had fallen for a charming young man. She supported his dreams, stood by him for years, took the insults, the rudeness and display of disrespect for her, and the scorn of others for her undeserved affection. She hoped although she hurt.

One day, she came to see me and these words broke my heart “He doesn’t even treat me like a friend.” I wanted to shake her really bad to wake her up and get her to see she didn’t deserve what she was getting, I wanted her to hurt more than she was hurting already if that would make her realize she could have better than what she was settling for, not that the guy was a jerk , he just didn’t feel the same way about her but I couldn’t. I couldn’t mouth the words. That night and the days that followed, I prayed hard that God give her the strength to turn her back from that man.

My prayers were answered and I had no greater respect and admiration for her more than I ever did than that day she walked out on him. When she finally decided it was ‘enough’!

This post is for every woman who will not take the beatings any longer, for every girlfriend/partner who will not let pass one more betrayal, everyone of us who’ve been there and walked away to redeem ourselves from the pit we’ve fallen into..

Often we look for validation and love in the wrong places and person, if we'd only look to Jesus first, we will find all that in Him and more.


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen! Thank you for this post. I'm going through something like this recently and walking away is so empowering, especially with the Love and Strength from the Lord!