My heroine

I started out a daddy’s girl; always clutching the father’s other arm, in private or in public. All the boys who wanted to be friends feared him so his presence meant protection; no one messes with me if he’s around.

Things sure changed now. I still love my dad but I’ve shifted loyalty, from the leader to the second in command and my allegiance to my mom grows stronger everyday. The progression has taken years. I guess there are just things that daughters can only talk about with their mothers, emotion that only another woman would understand, body transformations, tenderness that only a mother can teach you.  

I never missed having a sister really and I think it’s because subconsciously, my mom already filled up that position and now that I’m much older myself, she has become my best friend.

And as the years pile up more, I appreciate her more and more. MY mom is a survivor. She’s gone through so much as I have and if there’s one mother and wife I’d hope to be like when I get married, it’s to be like my mother. Well, I can dream.

She thinks it’s really cool and great that I can write, paint and speak English, she thinks I’m really smart but she has no idea how much I’ll gladly give all that up to be a great mom, sister, friend and grandmother like my mom is.




John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Blue, how are you? This is Rhonda < Joybug56 > from Facebook. I deleted my Facebook account b/c it had become such a time robber for me....have thought of you so much and wanted to say I hope this special day was even more special with you and your mom....hugs from Arkansas USA
Thess said…
Hey rhonda! I do remember you and wonder what has happened to you. You just disappeared from FB but I totally understand :) Glad to hear from you.

God bless!