Girls just want to have fun

The doctor said I might have to wear the leg cast for 8 weeks. Was he kidding? I wasn’t going to drag that thing around for two months so after 5 1/2 weeks I just couldn’t live with it anymore.

My dad wanted me to finish the whole 8 weeks but I knew I could take it from there without the fiberglass wrap (not cement cast). My mom would say something like – “You decide, you’re the one suffering.” So I did. I decided we would little by little, chip by chip remove the cast and we will do it when dad is not home (Ssshhh..)

Dad’s Bible studies are usually in the afternoons and so that’s when we scheduled our sessions.

…so one afternoon when dad went downstairs to go to one of his Home BS, mom went up and got what we would need. Not long after, she came down from the third floor with an arsenal of carpentry tools, pliers, screw driver, hand metal saw, cutter, a few others I don’t recognize, nail clipper, cuticle remover? Mom placed them on the table carefully and without noise. We don’t want to arouse dad’s attention downstairs. We looked at the equipments, looked at each other and laughed, only a jack hammer was missing - but we laughed without noise. It looked like we were going to tear down a wall or something.

It didn’t take long before we heard dad shut the door downstairs but just to make sure, mom checked. She was excited and her excitement made me nervous. So we worked on our plan, began at the table but ended up on the piano. IT was so funny. Mom had difficulty chipping parts under the thigh so I had the cast leg propped on the covered piano keys while mom worked beneath my leg but mom had fun, we had fun, we’d just burst into laughter because we really looked silly, silly but cute, mind you. We had to keep track of time too to make sure we stop before dad gets home and return his tools.

We had a few more sessions like that until my dad finally let me have the cast removed and by that time, mom had become an expert and we didn’t have to use the piano anymore.  

Trials serve a purpose. No pain, no gain.

James 1:2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

NOTE: I don’t recommend you remove a cast at home. See a physician. 


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Friend, na-cast ka ulit?
Thess said…
Hindi. If you click the link at the beginning of the post, you'll see na link yun ng story ng accident that happened to me last year sa SM fairview.