Just Married II

This is an excerpt from a conversation I had with a friend (with permission from him).

Santa: I think they go to be with yoda
Me:   Oh u know yoda? i love yoda, he's cute.
Santa: lol he was a smart little guy
Me : and he talks cute too
Santa: yeah
Me:   U wouldn't think such a tiny guy can train a jedi. U know, i took this quiz on FB that would say who is your character in the star wars and mine says I'm princess leah. and i was really disappointed  ): I wanted to be chewbacca lolol
Santa: lololol
Me:   Who do you want to be in the movie?
Santa: yoda..lol
Me:   I liked hans solo too but not as much as yoda, chewbacca and the ewoks. Maybe i should marry a midget lol. No offense to them. Love the ewoks ,they're like teddy bears, star wars version. I hate the robot there. The robot that looks like a guy?
Santa: c3po
Me: U sure know your star wars yoda
Me: lol
Santa: yeah
Me: Now i got a nick for you,
Me: yoda
Santa: i thought it was santa..lolol
Me: uhm, ok, santa yoda
Santa Yoda: lolololol
Me: may the reindeers be with you
Santa Yoda: or may the elves be with you
Me: i don't know why santa didn't just employ ewoks lol
Me: I love the star wars trilogy
Santa Yoda: I always wonder how the elves got there,, there are no females
Me: I never thought of that yoda
Santa Yoda: lol
Me: You’re really the wise one
Santa Yoda: lololol
Me: hmm, maybe the elves were hatched. lol
Santa Yoda: lol
Me: U know, seriously, where do elves come from?
Me: when i was young, i thought they came out of mushrooms lol
Santa Yoda: lololol
Me: but then as i grew up, i realized how stupid it was lol, if elves came from mushrooms, that will make elves, plants lol
Santa Yoda: lolol

See how comfortable that was? Natural and free flowing, not forced.

Marriage is a lifetime of conversations I hear. A married friend of mine told me once that, if there’s anything a couple does more than anything else in a marriage, it’s talking. 

This is also why another girl friend of mine advices to marry someone within the 5-year range, at least. Not that relationships with big age gaps doesn’t work (I’ve a girl friend who’s married to someone six years younger and I was seven years older than my last boyfriend) but a 5-year range is at least, a safe rule to go by.  You will remember the same years, the same hit movies and songs, and relate to the feelings and experiences of them together.

Communication in a relationship contributes much to its longevity.

“I don’t want clever conversation; I never want to work that hard. I just want someone that I can talk to, I want you just the way you are..” JUST THE WAY YOU ARE – Billy Joel


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Lj Salceda said…
Hi Thess!

I almost didn't entertain John because of our age gap. He is 9 years and 7 months older than me. There are months in a year when he's 10 years older than me. Lol!

My self-imposed rule/requirement(when it comes to age gap in a relationship) is 10 years max. I just feel like I grew up too fast and I consider my self more mature than guys my age. That's why I set the 10 year rule.

Now I can see how and why age is an important factor in a relationship- like in our taste in music. I'm a boyband (Backstreet Boys, N Sync and Boyzone) girl. John is into rock bands like Bono, Metallica, Eagles etc. Good thing we both like praise and worship songs and love songs. :)

I'm into reality shows and he's more of a History or Sports Channel guy. We find ways to compromise or we look for our similarities. If he wants to watch something from the History Channel, I sit with him. In turn he'll watch House Hunters with me. And we both like American Idol! It has worked for us so far. :)

Keep on writing!

Lj :)
Thess said…
Thanks for your input LJ.

My mom is 9 years younger than my dad. They weren't Christians when they got married so you (LJ) and John have a BIG advantage there. At first, the age difference didn't seem a big deal but as my parents got older, the age gap became more and more evident each day. They reached a point where they're just at too different stages in their lives and want different things. But the great thing is that they came to know the Lord and that made THE HUGE difference.

I'm not saying May-December relationships don't work or won't but I will not recommend it.
Lj Salceda said…
I won't encourage it either. :)

My Ma and Pa had a huge age difference as well. Ma was almost 8 years older than my Pa. So they are my "prime example" when it comes to the age-difference factor.

Sadly, my Pa didn't get the time to have a relationship with God before he died unlike your parents. :(

I also explained to John that I'm not looking for a father-figure. :)