Warning to plagiarists! (What victims can do to you)

I found another article of mine (again, copied and pasted word for word) in someone else’s blog . She kept some links on the post but didn’t give me due credit or mentioned anywhere that I was the one who wrote it, and she claims all her site’s content are hers unless otherwise indicated. It says there also, to ask permission if anyone wanted to use something from her site but she didn’t ask permission to use one from mine, and it’s being passed on as her work. 

It’s intellectual piracy and this time, I’m not going to take it sitting down, I’m writing about it and warning anyone who will do the same that there is a law on intellectual property AND the original author of the work you’ve pirated can have your site/blog shut down and suspended. This can happen to you!

To the bloggers and writers online – Protect your WORK! You spend time putting words together to produce something worth reading and someone just steals them from you and gets credit, traffic, even fame for something that doesn’t even belong to them.

Here’s a gadget a friend of mine introduced me to, recently (unfortunately, I’ve only had the time to use this after this incident) by EmbedAnything. It will protect your article from being copied and pasted without due credit.

Instead of just copying and pasting, they will have to embed a code that will embed the article along with a link back to your site (page where they are getting the post). It also has an option on how many words can be embedded from your posts no matter how many they copy.  If they try to edit the html code, the article will not embed.

This would also be handy for forums that allow embedding of comments using html codes.


NOTE: I’m not getting any freebie or commission from promoting this gadget, just trying to help fellow writers online.


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Chin chin said…
Thanks for sharing. I'll check it out.
Mariah Gadapan said…
thanks for this info. how did you detect that blog site? may i know what blog site is that?... baka may kinopya din sa akin without giving me any credit (suspicious:)). you may send me a private message on fb.thanks!
Thess said…
I found out from my stat counter. Some of her readers checked out my site from the links she kept that were in the article and my stat program shows every activity on my page, including the IPs of those who visit.

I'm sorry, I can't give you her blog address. Kaya nga I didn't put it on the post para di naman s'ya masyadong mapahiya kahit nagalit ako and when I checked this morning, she's removed the article. She's apologized thru a post on her blog and I've sent her a message. I've apologized too if I've hurt her feelings. I hope she's learned her lesson.
hope you've secured your blog now... just keep it up...
Thess said…
I have. thanks for telling me about it :)
Brewed Coffee said…
You are too nice :-) You should not be apologizing because you were the one who has been victimized. Anyway, thank you for sharing that link. I'll use it on my blog posts. And I'll share it with my fellow writers in Triond. Although I don't know how it will work on that publishing site. We'll figure it out :-)
Mariah Gadapan said…
@thess, its ok.no problem. i hope i can also figure out how to use the link u shared.thanks!
Thess said…
Just click the link, register then follow the instructions.