Online Ministry: New trend?

I’ve mentioned teaching Sunday school before in my blog but aside from that I’m also involved in the scholarship program of our church, a project of an affiliate church based in Sydney Australia where we send very poor children to school.

I do all the electronic transactions such as budget reports minutes of meetings, sending pictures etc. For the last two years now, since the program started I’ve been corresponding with Pastor Tom Chua (he’s the one in charge of the missions), sending messages back and forth to Australia.

He’s here with wife ate Vi and a few of their youth for their mission trip this year, and this morning, I finally got to meet them, in person.

I never thought I could serve the Lord through the internet, meet interesting people of God that I’ve first come to know online, like Kevin (a missionary), Joyce Ann Burton Titular (a beauty queen, actress, newscaster – RPN 9, radio jock) and husband Ron (also a voice talent and ‘boss’ on the "Edge" Manila) and more, hopefully, all very wonderful people of faith, serving God in their own different ways.

I’ve always thought I can only minister in the church, I want to be in the mission field too but that’s a bit difficult for me being a handicap person but now the Lord has opened my heart and mind to another possibility, a ministry online, and more convenient for me because I can do it sitting at home.

We can actually minister wherever we are, through prayer and encouragements, use social networks to spread God’s Word etc.

It boils down to this: if we really desire to serve God, He will provide a way for us to be able to do that, it may not be the traditional way but if we do it from the heart, for GOD, it’s still as important and worth it.


"Jesus Christ loves you and died for you."

Comments

Joyce said…
Hey Blue! We are so blessed to have met you online!!!! Stay beautiful okay? :)
Kevin said…
Nice post. One thing I've noticed over the past 8 years here in Manila: people kind of "live" online now--they are always connected to social media, etc. Learning to use it is really important for ministry.
Thess said…
@Joyce, beautiful? I 'like' that word hehe. Pleasure to meet all of you, hoping to hang out with you again, sometime in the future

@Kevin, true, it can be a powerful tool to reach people.
LawReal said…
yes Thess you are right! Thanks for recommending my blog in your list..hug..