Does God favor celibacy over marriage?

Am I beginning to sound like someone who’s anti-relationship or something? I’m not. In fact, I’m pro-marriage and believe God made man and woman for that purpose, to be together and procreate. He doesn’t want his creation to live lonesome.

I Corinthians 7:32-35 is an advice given by Paul to us, singles, especially those who are in the ministry, to avoid additional responsibilities BUT shouldn’t be used to restrict single people from wanting to pursue marriage.

I Corinthians 7: 8-9 give us that freedom. It’s better to marry than burn with passion. Passion is not sin, neither is sex, physical attraction or the desire or drive for sex. It’s lust and the practice of sex outside of marriage that’s not pleasing to God.

I believe that God is pleased with our work and devotion the same whether we serve him celibate or married. Our marital status has no bearing on the sincerity of our hearts to serve Him.



"Jesus Christ loves you and died for you."

Comments

"Our marital status has no bearing on the sincerity of our hearts to serve Him."

-AMEN!