Morning has broken

Finally, after all the anxiety we went through, the second Doctor we went to for a second opinion diagnosed my dad’s illness; Toxic Goiter. It’s rare for men (only 0.023% rating) and my dad’s one of those few who got it.

He has no Cancer so that’s good news!

I don’t know how many times I’ve cried myself to sleep thinking about my dad before this second testing.  One day he is up and seems okay and then the next day, he’s so weak. He’s lost a lot of weight and strength; he used to jog three times a week and walked faster than anyone I know and now he can’t even walk a few steps without running out of breath, his eyes bulged out of their sockets and he slurs when he speaks.

There were many instances me and mom cried secretly talking to each other. It’s hard to watch someone who used to be so full of life just waste away like he did. Although I kept hope, there were times I just wanted to give up. We didn’t even know what we were fighting but now it has a name, and there is treatment. What a relief knowing what it is. It was like a long night that won’t end but now the morning has broken through. 

A concerned neighbor (ate Marlyn Cutidioc) suggested we try her family doctor and after two days and a special blood test, we got the result. We rarely get hospitalized and go to the doctor. Our family just get flu and colds but never anything serious, not for a very long time already, until now. She really went out of her way and exerted effort to convince my dad to see another doctor. Bless her!

We thank all who visited, called and sent us messages through email, Facebook, mobile phone etc. To all who suggested their doctors or someone they know, who supplied us herbal alternatives even, WHO PRAYED and are continuing to pray. We thank you all from our hearts!

My dad will be in treatment for more than a month still but we’re more than hopeful.  

The kindness of strangers and people surprised us. I have one more important person to thank who patiently got me and getting me through this trial. And I’ll write about this next time.
  
Again, thank you to everyone for the support, comfort AND PRAYER. God bless you all a hundredth fold. 

Most of all, praise to God and our Lord Jesus Christ. I know HE answered our prayers.
  

"Jesus Christ loves you and died for you."

Comments

~KATE~ said…
Health is one of the greatest gifts God bestows everyone.

Praise God for preserving your father, you and your entire family!
Mariah Gadapan said…
sorry to hear about ur dad...but i pray for his complete healing.i hope i could also visit him and pray for him. u can send me personal message through my facebook if u need some prayers and i'll send u a private message to give u my cellphone number. Hold on to God! He cares for ur dad and to the whole family.also, he knows what u're feeling.i've been there.but i realized that God is always faithful.