Our labor of love

Krizza used to be in my Sunday school class. She was only 8 when she started there and last month, she was our primary class teacher at Sunday school. How time swiftly passes by.

Carla was still new at the church when she wanted to learn to play the keyboard and I used to give free basic lessons (I really just know the basics) so we had a few sessions together and she learned fast. But I didn’t see her joining the music team after that so I thought it’ll be just one of those times, your effort have gone to nothing. Well, she now plays on the “Worship” service of the church.

Sometimes you can’t help wonder if all your hard work really mean anything, if at the end of the day or of things, does it really matter? YES it does! Though it may not have produced wealth and fame for you and often than not, has even gone unrecognized, it’s still worth it.

When I see my kids from Sunday school, many have grown up now, involved in the different ministries of the church and continued to walk in the path of the Lord, I feel an overwhelming fulfillment and joy that only that could give. Something I’d be missing if I had stopped doing what I want to do or got discouraged.

So let’s do what we do first, for the ‘love’ of it, pleasing God and making it better for others.
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. – 1 Corinthinas 15:58

"Jesus Christ loves you and died for you."

Comments