Independence Day double treat 2010 (philippines)

I was able to partially watch the new President-elect Benigno Simeon (Noynoy) Aquino’s first TV interview, last Wednesday, after winning the recently concluded presidential election last May, and may I say, he did very well.

The questions thrown mostly addressed the present problems the country’s been having and facing and he answered them all articulately with humbleness.

When asked in Filipino, he replied in Filipino, when in English, he replied in English. He gave everyone a chance to ask their questions and even addressed one of the journalists as ‘boss’. Apparently, the title “Mr. President” hasn’t sunk in yet or gotten to his head.

I was never a fan of Noynoy but after that interview, I just might change my mind. I can’t wait to see what he can really do for this country, and he would have to do a lot.

Today, we (Filipinos) celebrate Independence Day with a treat. Not only are we celebrating freedom, we also have a new President, with hope he will be better than the former, who, in my opinion, didn't do any good or brought any progress at all to this country but only the opposite.


MALIGAYANG “ARAW NG KALAYAAN!” sa lahat ng Pilipinong kababayan!

Comments