Drama (Tagalog lang #6)

There (drama) is a word we all can relate to, have had some, can’t deal with at times and would prefer not to have often if not at all.

Here are some Tagalog words for you that describe emotion and feelings.

WORDS:

Masaya (muh-suh-ya) – Happy
Malungkot (muh-loong-kot) – Sad
Galit (guh-lit) – Angry
Takot (tuh-kot) – Afraid

Use in a sentence:
I’m masaya.
I’m happy.

I’m malungkot.
I’m sad.

I’m galit!
I’m angry!

I’m takot of you.
I’m afraid of you.

Next time you’re having some drama and you’re a foreigner, try saying these Tagalog words fast. The sound of them alone, and the effort you’ll be putting in to pronounce them will make you feel better enough, even make you laugh.

“You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares and (Downtown by Petula clark)”, don’t go downtown, go to my blog and practice Tagalog words.

Comments

hello friend... bakit ganyan ka naman magturo ng tagalog, barok? hehehe... but it's kinda' cute...
Thess said…
Because I'm teaching here by words (usage of each word) not by sentences. If I teach sentences, I'd have to translate every word , including the pronouns so that can be long.

This is easier to remember, at least, if a foreigner takes note of each word I take up here. He/she can just do Taglish (Tagalog and English mixed) and still be understood clearly.
LawReal said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
LawReal said…
This comment has been removed by the author.