Is he into me or not?

How do you know if a guy likes to be more than friends with you? Simple, he tells you.

The biggest mistake we, women, can make is to read more into things. If he isn’t saying anything, DO NOT ASSUME until he makes his interest clear.

Believe me, the moment he finds out for himself that he wants to be more than friends; he won’t hold himself back from telling you.

So why is he so nice and caring, asking you out at times, wanting to hang out, doing you favors but isn’t saying anything solid?

Well, there are a few things I can think of or safely assume why but keep in mind I’m not a guy so…I wouldn’t really be 100 percent sure.

   1. For some reason, he likes and enjoy your friendship, like a brother would to a sister (admit it girls, we also have guy friends like that, those we love with a brotherly affection) but that’s all.
   2. He sees a potential but taking time to know you more and make sure he’s certain of what he feels before he says anything. Isn’t that a good thing? To not rush?
   3. He’s a player (worst I can think of). He might be keeping five other women in the same situation, you just don’t know it.

 So how do you protect yourself?

   1. NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING is more than friendship until it’s more than that officially with verbal confirmation.
   2. DO NOT READ MORE into anything he does for you.
   3. BE OPEN to others. This would help you not to focus on just one person.
   4. IF you’re starting to like him more, distance yourself and keep this list to read all the time.

Sometimes we can’t help to feel something, especially if the guy friend is really caring and nice but we CAN HELP IT not to let ourselves get hurt further.

Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.- Songs of Solomon 8:4

Further Readings:
Dangerous Assumptions (Part I)
Love in Waiting (Part I)
He’s Just Not Into You: A Christian response

Comments

I agree! Great advice. Sometimes women are so hungry to be in love that they fall way too quickly.
Take your time, and if it's meant to happen, it will.
Thess said…
I think it's us who make it happen or not BUT just pointing out that one of the things we can do is to NOT ASSUME ANYTHING.
Anonymous said…
Hmmmm. so the guy has to make it very clear then...
Anonymous said…
very true! careful girls.... :)
I agree with most of everything that you posted...except for this. Being married I do know from experience that guys aren't always the ones to come out first and say what they feel. So, my advice is if you really like a guy...tell him. Either he will be into you or he won't. Don't bottle your feelings in. Either he is worth telling or he isn't. Some guys are shy and DO WAIT til the woman says something to them first. I believe that open communication is the key to any good relationship. And if he is only interested in being friends then he will tell you. Either way at least you will have an answer instead of just over analyzing everything hoping you can figure out his true feelings. And above all...when God brings you to the right man or vice versa...you'll know. :)
Thess said…
First, thank you for your comment :) i really appreciate you reading my post.

I have done that, told the guy i like. the first one shot me down, the second didn't respond and i tried again and thought this third ONE is worth embarrassing myself but nope, no luck.

I guess it they're all just not into me or I'm just really bad at choosing lol