Learn a new language (Tagalog Lang #01)

Now that we have Christmas, New Year’s and my birthday out of the way, time to return to my regular posts and since I said I’ll try some new stuff here, let’s start with this one.

I know that not all who read me speaks my language and I’m honored to have foreign visitors on my blog and as a treat for you guys, for taking  time to read me now and then, I thought I’d share my native tongue with you. So from now on, I’ll be posting Tagalog (or Filipino - that's what Philippine language is called) lessons here every once in a while (every week if I can keep up with that)

Since it’s a new year, our first word for a starter is "Bago".

Word: Bago (Buh-go) – New

Use in a sentence:
My shoes are new.
My shoes are "bago."

Comments

I think that's pretty cool. A language junkie myself, having learned Italian, Chinese (Mandarin) and some Spanish, I thought that knowing some Tagalog would make sense, since I read and pass through so many blogs that have Tagalog in them.
I only know how to say "kamutsa", "kamutsa ka" and "mabuti" right now, but hey...you've gotta start somewhere, right?
Very nice and generous of you to post a lesson now and then. I will check back from time to time. ;)
Thess said…
Wow, you're linguistic. Not many can learn so many.

A bit correction though - it's "kumusta" not "kamutsa" but if you say that to a filipino, he'd understand what you're trying to say :)

Thanks and God bless.
Thanks! I found out my mistake later on after I posted! lol :) Take care.