Get up! (Work on it)

Yesterday, I miscalculated my balance and slipped in the bathroom while taking a shower (this is the third time already, my own doing being careless) and my head hit the concrete tiled wall. Dazed, I stayed down for a while but I didn’t stay there for life.


I thought of shouting for help but I was taking my shower downstairs and everyone in my house at that time are on the third floor so most likely, no one will hear me. I was on my own. I tried several times to get up but the soapsuds were all over the floor, I kept slipping back. I tried one more time, pleading for God to help me up and finally I was.

It took me sometime before I prayed because I was thinking I could do it without that, after all, how difficult can getting up be?

Sometimes we fall down badly or get hit really hard in life and it’s ok to grieve, to be sorrowful for a time but not forever. We have to get up and work on it. Often we try to do it on our own and only employ prayer when we’ve run out of strength BUT we don’t have to wait that long to come to our Father for help. He’s probably working things out already before we even pray BUT HE still wants us to ask.

And in life we will slip several more but with the Lord, we’ll always be able to get up. Don’t give up if you’ve fallen down. It may be a sin (God is faithful to forgive – 1 John 1:9) or a wrong decision we’ve made (God will give us strength – Philippians 4:13).

Keep working on it with fervent prayer until you overcome.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you must be careful the next time kay? and I admire your faith in God :) keep it forever and don't let this faith fade
Thess said…
Thanks for dropping by Al :)
Anonymous said…
you don't know how much this has helped! thanks for being an inspiration :-) may God keep you and bless you even more