2009 Highlights

It’s the last day of 2009, time swiftly passes by, before we know it we’re in 2010 so before I quickly forget the year that’s passing, allow me to share the highlights of my 2009.


The country (Philippines) has seen one of its worst years it has ever had. There’s the recession that so greatly affected the economy (though the government is in denial), the natural calamity “Ondoy” that took lives and damaged properties in September, and just before the year ends – The “Ampatuan” massacre that shocked the world (56 women and journalists shot to death and buried in a mass grave)

Though this year had been that bad, thank God we still got some inspiration. Efren Penaflorida (a Filipino) won CNN hero of the year for his pushcart classroom and Manny Pacquiao (once again) brought home the bacon.

Spiritual and ministry
Now let’s move on to more personal matters.

Last February, I was invited for an online broadcast interview to share my life story and though I was very nervous, God gave me the boldness to pull through.

Our DVBS finally materialized after thoughts of canceling due to financial problems and we had a whopping 180 children (almost 60 in my class) attend the summer activity.

Our scholarship program is now entering its second year and some of our scholars will be graduating from high school this summer. Praise God!

I’ve seen God’s faithfulness all throughout this year, He’s seen me through some really tough times, including one I’m facing now, and I can absolutely say that I would’ve fallen away if it hadn’t been for His mercy and grace. I give him all the glory and the credit.

Personal
This year saw the realization of a dream. I was able to participate in an art exhibit in November. I’m very happy about that. I didn’t even think I could paint at one point in my life but by God’s grace I do now.

I’ve also gotten more traffic on this blog and made new acquaintances because of it. I’ve learned a few more blogging tricks and will be trying some new stuff here soon (watch out for that) so, all is well.

These are only the highlights of my 2009 but there’s a so much more to be thankful for. The fact that I’m still here, conscious, breathing, moving and giving praises to God should be enough for me to be grateful.

"I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness. I will sing praise to the name of the Lord most High - Ps.7:17"

Comments

MsRay said…
Thess, you are a faithful steward of the numerous talents that the Lord has blessed you.

May you continue to shine in 2010 and in the coming years.

p.s. I like your blog's new background.
Thess said…
Happy New Year MsRay!

Pray for me
DingM said…
Hello Thess! Well, I don't know what to say...Pero, I can judge you're a good person..tuloy mo lang itong blog mo...i the long run you'll be benefited from this blog. Once your TR (traffic rank) is below 100,000 monetize your website..google adsense or in the form of accepting ads...like what these sites are doing:
CarloCab and Make Money Online

They're earning thousand of dollars from advertisers...because of the traffic they have every day. Pag-aralan mo! Open their site and from there you'll learn how to make money from home with your website!