Open shelves or cabinet with doors?

I courted my dad for sometime to give me the shoe cabinet he made for downstairs in exchange for my former open shelved display cabinet. I’m tired of seeing the clutter on that side of the room. Finally, he succumbed to my pleadings (grins).






The advantage of having a cabinet with doors or drawers is: first, you can hide the clutter. Second, you can use the inside of the doors for other stuff. You can tape or thumb tack postcards, cards and pictures on it. When you open your cabinet, a horde of memorabilia is clipped neatly on the sides, not tucked away in some forgotten envelope.






Mine has a “Nanna’s corner on the left that holds postcards from the ‘land down under’. And the left has pictures of friends from different parts of the world.







So one tiny cabinet with doors can do all that for you, make your room look a bit tidy and more.

Comments