October Escapades (The funnies)

I was out the last two days and so I wasn’t able to write anything for this blog. I’ve been quite busy lately (God is good!).

So last Sunday, after teaching Sunday school (I had 34 in my class), we went to my aunt’s birthday (Sorry no picture.) and celebrated her 79th birthday. Met with extended nephews, in-laws and nieces and was happy to know all of them. We had a little program for her, my dad exhorted God’s Word and I got to lead one song and was also given privilege to say something about the celebrant (my aunt) to which she jokingly responded by asking me to find her a boyfriend online (she’s a widow). Maybe I should start a dating service for 70 year-olders.

Monday had me on an unplanned trip to the mall in the morning until afternoon. AND I went there with make-up on (What is happening to me?!) And not long after I arrived, some guy approached me and handed me a coupon saying I got a freebie! (must have been the make-up). He tore one end of the coupon then tried to lead me to their show room (had my niece on my lap). Then my brother arrived from parking the jeep and wheeled me away. I was like (saying in my mind) ‘Hey, what you doing Seth (my brother)? That guy could be THE ONE! He thought we had to purchase something but we did get the free digital thermometer (which I hear costs 300 pesos a piece) before we left the mall.
Aside from that, I got some new painting stuff AND A NEW PAIR OF SANDALS! It was on sale. We were leaving when my sister in-law spotted it and thought these sandals look nice, so after trying them on and everyone (including the sales lady, was nice of her) helping to get my foot in (hey, hands off my legs), we were finally able to zip the back and it fits perfectly well. From the numerous times I’ve tried it on since we got home, it’d be worn out soon before I even get to wear it to church. BUT I’m a happy girl, what can I say.

I’m glad I’m easily amused (as Kevin would put it), nothing like being easily pleased. GOD IS GOOD.

Comments

MsRay said…
Nice pair of sandals you got there, Thess. Yung mga design na ganyan yata ang uso ngayon.
Thess said…
There was a sale and my sister in-law said mukhang bagay daw sa'kin so I bought it. I like it.