Tuesday: It's official!

I received word from a friend (a half world away) that my painting has arrived. On this day, I’ve officially sold a painting! I’m ecstatic! Now I’m more confident about my art and if anyone asks if I’ve ever sold any, I can say a triple YES! Once my friend frames the painting and takes a picture of it, and send me a copy, I’ll post it on my art site.

So Tuesday started with something new just like Monday and great just like Sunday. But the evening ended on a sort of sad but lesson ladened (and I always try to have that here) note.

I watched the life story of the late “Karen Carpenter (1950-1983)” who fought “Anorexia Nervosa” for years. Karen had one of the greatest voices the music industry will ever produce. Karen was a beautiful and exceptionally talented woman but couldn’t see it. The shallow and twisted view of the world on what is ‘beautiful’ sped her demise. She died from a heart failure due to years of starving herself to be perfectly thin (perfectly too thin to live longer than 32).

Since I’ve no picture to post here for you today, I just picked one of my favorite songs of Karen…



NOTE: We women should take care of our bodies for health and confidence but not to the point of killing ourselves, being a mere skeleton or being dead is neither healthy nor beautiful. If you notice you or someone you know has an eating disorder of sort, get HELP.

Comments

MsRay said…
Hey, CONGRATULATIONS, Thess!
Thess said…
Thanks MsRay :)