Monday at the parlor

I finally went to the parlor for a haircut at 39! It was eventful.

I was nervous that someone else who isn’t mom is going to touch my virgin hair. I wanted it ‘layered’ (a hair style) but wasn’t sure if that hair style will look good on me. Well, after all that hair shed, hair blow dried, half an hour of trying to sit still in front of the mirror (that was the awful part), I finally got to see my new hairdo AND I LIKED IT.

They charged cheap too so you at least, can give the hair cutter a tip. I was opting for a ‘home service’ earlier but my sister in-law convinced me to try the parlor for a change and LOVED the experience.

I guess that’s why I don’t find being sheltered and confined to a house and a chair most of the time, so bad, it’s because when I do get to go out there’s always something new to discover, to experience and be excited about.

You know, we need to look for the rainbow after the storm, look forward to the morning after the night, find the good things in the bad. We won’t know joy if we don’t know sadness.

Comments

Karen said…
Yes. After the storm, there is a rainbow. A silver lining on every cloud.

I love going to the parlor more since it's going to be a hassle-free pampering experience for me -- no cleaning after the home service. :)

Sis, check this out -- how to be a new you in 28 days :)
Thess said…
Thanks Karen :)
MsRay said…
Hello, girl friend!

I am glad you enjoyed your parlor experience. That is one of the simple things in life that gives me pleasure, too.

Btw, I love what you wrote in the last paragraph of your post. So true!
Karen said…
You look younger with your new hairdo, ate thess! ^___^
Thess said…
MsRay,

Maybe next time I go I'll try another new trhing, a facial maybe?..lol

Karen,
that's what my sister in-law said too, that it made me look younger.
MsRay said…
Hi, Thess!

Ay, careful ka sa facial. Kasi baka ma-allergic ka pa sa cream na ilalagay nila. If you want a facial, better have it done at a dermatologist's clinic where it's safe.

Magpa scalp massage ka na lang sa parlor. Sarap noon. Hay, miss ko na ang Pilipinas. Mas maganda service sa atin. Dito sa US, ang expensive pero talo sa service dyan sa Pilipinas.
Thess said…
Oh ok MsRAy, didn't know that. Thanks for telling me.