In sickness and in health: the past three days

It’s funny that just last week I wrote about being healthy and escaping THE flu in the house and two days after, it got me.

I was in bed for two days, lost my voice completely, couldn’t sleep but surprisingly didn’t have a fever at all.

Anyway, time to thank the people (aside from family) who showed love and care. So thank you to all who prayed for me and sent messages (through email, texting, facebook etc.) I specially want to thank and mention my good friend, Arnel Oroceo, who stayed up late with me, sleeping at intervals and waking up at 2 AM to keep me company while I was being crazy and couldn’t sleep until past 3 in the morning (wala ‘kong masabi – “Im speechless!). Although he couldn’t come over, he made up by being on the receiving end of the messages (texting). What a friend! So I’m resolved to call him first thing once I fully recover my speaking voice. The least I could do for a brother ‘indeed’ at times of need.

My diet was composed of Vitamin C, citrus fruits and Oregano extracts for two days. To those not in the know, Oregano is an herbal plant popularly used in the Philippines for relieving symptoms of Asthma, coughing and excessive phlegm. The smell and taste could kill you BUT the nutritional benefits of it might just save your life. If any of you have or want to try it in the future, I suggest you mix it with calamansi juice and sugar (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. Calamnsi juice + ½ tsp. Sugar depending on your taste.) As the song from “Mary Poppins” say…. “…just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down….

Again, thanks to everyone. I truly appreciate you all. God bless you all back. HUG!

Note: I’ll be writing about Arnel in a future post. He’s also a handicap person. You all need to read his story and be inspired anew.

Comments

LawReal said…
i'm glad you're ok, you may now post comments on my articles, i was able to set it up properly...
Kevin said…
Glad you are feeling better.
Thess said…
Thanks Kevin!
hello, sis... hey, it's me on your blog! thanks for blogging about me! I have read also the article on the other blog, it is really nice... i don't know what to say... thanks... i just couldn't make a comment on the other blog (different world). The post a comment button/link doesn't work... anyways, thanks again... God bless...
Thess said…
Arnel,

You're welcome brotha!