Girl bonding

I really enjoyed hanging out with my girl friends (churchmates) yesterday. We had lunch and stuffed ourselves with junk food all afternoon. Painstakingly, we watched the movie “fireproof” again (the only thing I haven’t memorized yet from that film are the credits). My married friend and I have seen it but our other friend hasn’t and we wanted her to, so we perseveringly went through it again.

The movie not only tackles marital issues but friendships as well. It shows how influential friends can be and so, it’s important to choose our friends wisely.

Christian friends can give Godly, sound advices while secular ones can give us advices that can even drive our marriages and relationships to an end.

So be careful who you hang out with and listen to.

As for me, I’m quite happy with the friends I’ve made so far, the ones that weren’t such good influences, I had to let go. BUT I definitely enjoyed the company I had yesterday (with the girl friends), since I can’t go out with them, they came over for me. Now, what else can I ask for?

Comments

LawReal said…
sadly, some Christians can give us wrong advice that can affect decision-making...that's why we have the Holy Spirit, our counselor and advocate...
LawReal said…
let us not be so biased, because there are some non-christian who act and live like a real Christian than the so -called real christian... some of my close friends are non-christian but they have characters and lives that a true Christian must possess (remember, J.R.R. tolkien - devout catholic and C.S. lewis-the finest christian author of all times) were close friends)....minsan nga mas Christian pa yong ibang non-christian kesa sa totoong christian, sad isn't it?
Thess said…
Being a christian is following Christ, it isn't based on what's one's character is.

Being Catholic doesn't mean not being a christian either.

I said that based on the movie "fireproof".