Health is wealth, my dumbbell progress

7 family members were afflicted with flu in my house a few weeks ago, leaving only me and dad standing. I thought it was my turn finally when my throat started hurting yesterday but I’m glad that didn’t continue.

Good health is treasure nowadays; good health means a few more savings. Imagine the stuff you can buy (nutritious food, that TV you want, family trips etc.) instead of medicines because you’re sick. And one of the best ways to keep healthy is good prevention. Eating right, having a healthy mind, getting plenty of sleep, Vitamins AND Exercise.

When “Swine Flu” broke out, I bought a bunch of branded Vitamin C (the common ascorbic acid gives me tummy aches) to boost my immune system and piously did my dumbbell lifting.

I think that mainly, it’s the supplements and the exercise that helped me from contracting the flu (whereas before, I usually become the first victim). And since I’m on the exercising subject, I want to share my lifting progress.

Now this may not be big deal for a walking person but it is to me (having been reduced to a vegetable at one point of my life). When I started lifting my dumbbell (that dad made), my right hand could only lift one end of it off the floor nevertheless I was happy I could because I couldn’t even turn a book page once. BUT now, after just a few months, my right hand can lift the whole dumbbell a few inches high, so I’m very pleased with that! My best girl friend noticed I’ve firmer arms too.

Hey, even if I’m disabled, I want to look “hot” also (haha). I think all we girls should want to (fully clothed…lol). But that doesn’t just happen; have to work on it and it takes time, patience and perseverance.

Our health is something we can’t take for granted; it’s costly to get sick.

Comments

LawReal said…
ewww i don't want to have bulky muscles lol
Thess said…
I don't want bulks either but I do want muscles. Specially, in my ankles..lol..if only.

Kevin says women won't grow muscles like men do and I don't think I'll get to that point either.