Why men can't commit

This will be my last post about men. To be honest, I’m running out of topics about them to write about. This is my attempt to explain why some men just won’t be captured. Again, all based on my observations of them and confessions of guy friends.

So why are some men so elusive? Consider the following:

- He knows himself and knows he doesn’t or can’t stay long in a relationship. He gets bored or tired of it easily after a time. So unless he’s 1000 % sure he will stay with the girl for life and can’t live without her anymore, he’s cautious to not commit in order to not hurt any woman.

- He doesn’t like being tied down to just one. He likes being adored and surrounded by women. He thrives more on quantity rather than quality. Committing to just one means, flirting with, dating and pursuing only one and so he’d rather stay single and unattached so he can be open to multiple dating.

- He’s afraid to end up with the wrong spouse. Women have this fear too. Although he’s being wise to some degree with this, still, this could keep him from pursuing a steady friendship/relationship with the opposite gender and shoo commitment.

IF you’re falling for a guy who have issues like this, guard your heart. DO NOT, for a moment, THINK; you can change him or his view. DON’T play GOD. YOU CAN’T wait for him forever. It’s not fair to you. Branch out.

Comments

MsRay said…
Very good post, Thess. You really hit the nail on the head.
Thess said…
lol...what a reaction from you broken...I knew I was right somehow.

lol
Spiderbeavis said…
My own experience, and from what I've known of many men of faith, is the third one most commonly applies. Christian men by and large want to be committed to someone, but have difficulty finding a girl that will commit because she loses interest for whatever reason, or she has issues she is unable(or unwilling) to overcome for the sake of preserving the relationship.

A lot of secular women I've known here in the US are dying for a man to be committed to them and can't find it, because their male counterparts are largely the kind of pigs you describe in your second point!

Of course there is overlap all around, but otherwise I've come up with a solution: Get the Christian women and secular men together to use and discard each other like socks, and pair up the Christian men and secular women to live happily ever after...then everyone gets what they want! LOL

Yes I know...it's late, I'm tired, I spent a couple of hours on another novel for my website earlier today :-p and then was out celebrating the 4th til all hours. God Bless...
Thess said…
Everyone has issues.

And based on my experience, men have issues too. I, for one, am one of those decent Christian women, willing to commit for life, waiting to be chosen but never gets picked or always got dumped or just doesn't meet the physical standards the men requires.

But you have a point. I find that often than not, it's the 'supposed' bad men who appreciates me more because they've gotten used to secular women who slept around so when I'm in their lives, they feel like I'm more than they deserve but with the Christian men, it isn't enough to just be decent, you have to be pretty, approved by friends, intelligent blah, blah, blah. So yeah, you do have a point there.

Peace.