Prayer changes things

“Prayer changes things for the better.” A quote I read from a friend’s profile, stuck in my head for days now. Oh how much we take for granted the power of prayer at times. Thinking our troubles are beyond fixing, that mere words of plea uttered to God can’t possibly just change things and turn the situation around but how many times have we been surprised by an answered prayer? All the time.

I had a bad week. My favorite teacher died and due to restricting circumstances, I wasn’t even able to go to her funeral (it was so frustrating), someone said our friend will distance himself from me because of something I did, and then the week ended with my baby brother in the hospital. So it was a series of bad news. And through all of it I can’t go out and distract myself, I just cried (having no other choice but that) and began to question why God had allowed me to live only to be trapped in situations I have no control of including my life?

And I stumbled on this phrase “Prayer changes things for the better”.
Maybe we can’t do anything about the events that are happening in our lives, we can’t change things BUT PRAYER CAN. Maybe some will never get resolved but BUT PRAYER CAN MAKE IT BETTER.

Proverbs 15:29
The LORD is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Comments

MsRay said…
Prayer is our ultimate weapon.