Notable family men

My dad – He turned 70 years old last May. He jogs religiously three times a week, never takes the ride to church or any of his Bible Studies (4 times a week) even if someone drives, he prefers to walk to and home. I remember him buying fitness equipments years ago and an exercise bike but it’s only been recently, since his retirement that he’s been truly conscious about his physical condition. He doesn’t have any vices now except food ha-ha. Although he brisk walks regularly, he still needs to watch out his sugar, carb and cholesterol intake. Being healthy to him means more years of spending and caring for “the” handicap daughter. He never says that but I know.

“Well “tatay” (dad), we’re glad you’re enjoying good health, but know that no matter what, we love you in whatever form you are.”

The healthier you, men of the family, are, the better you can take care of your loved ones.

Her dad – This is my sister in-law’s father. He’d just been recently ordained but he’s been serving the Lord for several years now. He loves talking about
God and has brought many unsaved souls to the faith. Faithfully and with perseverance he fetches and ministers to members using his motorcycle along with his equally God-loving wife.

They recently started a scholarship in their church. A neighbor (Dean of Fatima College, Philippines) who lives across the street watched him patiently gather and teach the neighborhood kids for a few months. This convicted her sponsor some of the children and now they’re funding 9 of them to school.

Aren’t we just proud of our fathers who not only look after us but after other people as well?

Edge dad
– Ron is boss and DJ at “The Edge”, the first Christian live broadcast online, in the country. He’s married to the former beauty queen and actress, Joyce Ann Burton (Now Joyce Ann Burton Titular). Again, one of the few men who has a spiritual advocacy and has been serving the Lord through the “EDGE” net station (don’t be left out not knowing about it, check it out) for more than a year now, in the hope and faith to bring the positive message of salvation to the world through another branch of media, the Internet.

But more than all that, Ron is a doting, loving step dad to “Wolf” and “D” and often refers to them as ‘his’ babies. Joyce said he raised them like his own. No wonder some of us want to be his adopted children as well.

Fatherhood is more than genes and provision, it’s self-sacrificial, it’s loving, understanding, forgiving unconditionally and ONLY REAL MEN can ever live up to it.

MEN like the ones I mentioned above, like Mang Ben, Eric, Seth, (My brothers) Irl and all of those other great dads out there whose names will not be on this post but who are equally braving the challenges of life, the difficulties of the times, the rain, the traffic, the wee hours of the morning (for those working in the “Call centers”), the loneliness of working abroad, just so the family will have clothes to wear, food to eat and a house to live in.

From your blessed sons and daughters:
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats to those with Fathers to honor. Unfortunately not for me who until now does not even exert any effort to know me even if I've already extended myself out when I finally got into the real world on my own. I guess not all can be blessed with "honorable| biological fathers. I guess the Lord remains to be my Father who has guided me using uncles, lolo to act as my Father.

While every Father's day may keep a lot enjoying with their Fathers, on my end, just reminds me that not all those blessed with Fathers, still has the Lord to always look up to for paternal guidance, whatever questions unanswered will find in His time.

Somewhere in Bahrain
Thess said…
I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope you've forgiven him, just continue to pray for it.

I'm very blessed with mine and it took years and years of prayer.

:)
jaeDee said…
Hey Thess... thanks for writing about Ron, I'm am so BLESSED to have him in my life :) he is a source of joy for me everyday. We rarely fight and have gotten used to being peaceful together. It's VERY NICE! But I do understand that not everybody can really celebrate Father's Day and that's why it's our job to share the love of God, our FATHER in heaven...
Thess said…
Amen to that Jaedee.

Truth be told, when I see you guys together...I feel like I want to get married too...