Con Ass my bum! (cha-cha, a ploy)

Filipinos are very opinionated when it comes to politics. Although we might not have one solid, united stand on issues, we always have something to say about the government and the system. And I try to stay away and discuss politics in my blogs, but I’ll make an exception today.

CON ASS MY BUM! (See? This is why I keep off from political issues; it spurs me to spitfire phrases like that). Obviously, this rush to amend the constitution is a sinister ploy to extend the term of the current dragon in the palace (now you know I’m not a fan).

Why not do the CHARTER CHANGE after the 2010 election? And not by “constituent assembly” but by constitutional convention”. What difference would it make doing it now or then? The difference is that by that time, President Arroyo’s term (See? I’m still respectful to the office somewhat) will be done and she can’t run again BUT if the “CHARTER CHANGE” happens now while she’s still in office, political analysts see it as a move to extend power of the executive branch (whew! That was hard to write). No matter how the present administration and supporters of the Cha-cha deny this ploy, WE ARE NOT BLIND!

Today is “Independence Day”. Let’s celebrate freedom and exercise it. DOWN WITH THE CON ASS!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Comments