Keyboard Fix (from the handy girl...me)

I think my keyboard needs a replacement. The number keys 1-4 and 7-0 has stopped printing along with their corresponding punctuation marks. And these keys are important to me when doing my reports. You can’t imagine the inconvenience that brings about.

This is my third keyboard (told you, I’ve a knack for breaking things). I don’t have the time or patience to unscrew it anymore, unlike before. I’ve opened and tried to fix former gadgets before. It’s become clear to me, it isn’t my gift though.

Anyway, if you’re experiencing the same problem right now or in the future encounters it but have no extra budget for a new keyboard nor the time to shop for one yet but you need to finish the document you’re working on, here’s a temporary solution I discovered. I don’t know though if other OS have this option but Windows XP does.

So here’s what you can do:

USE ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD OPTION – If you’re using Windows XP 2nd Edition, Click All programs > Accessories > Accessibility > On-screen keyboard. A miniature, virtual keyboard will pop up on your screen complete with the number and letter keys. And all you have to do is point your mouse and left click the key you need to type and there’s the number or letter your actual keyboard won’t print.

Techie people have probably discovered this eons ago but at least, if there’s one reader reading me who doesn’t know this yet, it might help. It’s helping me a great deal while I save for a new one.

So what’s the lesson? Aside from the “on-screen keyboard option”, sometimes God allows unpleasant things to occur and happen because we’ll learn something from it and become wiser.

Honestly, I feel really smart right now.

Romans 8:28 – All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Further readings:
Handy Girl

JOIN RTA 4.0 AND LEARN HOW YOU CAN "CUT THROUGH THE NOISE"@ THE UNION CHURCH OF MANILA RADA crnr LEGASPI ST., LEGASPI VILLAGE, MAKATI (limited slots so HURRY!) FOR MORE INFO. CALL 3390140 or click the banner.

Comments

Mikes Sumondong said…
heheh! I almost threw my coffee away reading you saying i'm good at breaking things. LOL!

But really nice point! God Bless sis!