Survivor

Why does it seem like we’re always the one suffering more than anyone else? Our burdens are far heavier than any other person we know despite being the faithful wife, the most loving mother, the most caring friend, the kindest human in the planet?

Well, this is what I believe; the strongest and most successful people are those who have gone through so much and overcame compared to those who have had to face less challenges (If there’s anyone like that). I believe that God allows these things to happen because:

1. God knows we can come through it with HIM. That we’re able to conquer and so we will.



2. God knows it will make us a better person. That after the storm, we’ll learn priceless life lessons that will give us a greater hope, peace and love for others.


3. God knows when we’ve survived the trials, we can use it to comfort and encourage others. That we’ll be awesome instruments for God’s glory and in reaching others’ pain.


4. God wants us to discover that we’re stronger than we think, better than we think we are.


I’ve gone through so much and still battling it out but looking back to what I’ve survived, I’m proud of what I’ve been through and made it this far (Not without God of course.) and the challenges I’ve had to face and did gives me that assurance that whatever trial comes my way, I know they don’t stay and I’ll get pass through them because I have before.


So whatever you’re going through right now or have to face, hang in there and THINK this is happening to you because you will benefit from it, because you’re a SURVIVOR!


Further Readings:
My Story
Logan (A powerful message)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great post. So true So true!

I am reminded of the account of Jesus in the boat with the disciples during the storm. Mark 4:35-41

This was a major faith lesson for the disciples and us as we read about it Mark's gospel. The disciples needed to experience a storm WITH Jesus to take their faith to the next level. Remember these guys were fishermen. Boats were their thing. I am sure they had experienced storms before. Not to mention the Sea of Galilee is not that big. They could have walked around the lake to get to the other side. Jesus didn't need to suggest that they cross the lake in a boat. Or he could have set it up another way. They could have watched the storm from the beach and Jesus could have spoken these same words from the safety of the shore, but it wouldn't have the same impact.

Jesus didn't teach them about faith with a lecture. He taught them to have faith through a very difficult experience, even life threatening. They needed to go out in the boat & go through a storm together. They needed to come to the end of their rope, especially in the one area where they felt completely competent, to realize that they could trust him.

Surviving life's storms WITH Jesus can only change you as a person and strengthen your faith.

peace & grace in the storm,
brad
Thess said…
Very nice insight Brad.

I really see here the importance of faith and trusting God completely and I admit failing in that area often but HE is faithful just the same.

God bless!
Anonymous said…
Me too Thess. me too.

peace,
brad
Clever Elsie said…
This reminds me of an interview with Elizabeth Smart that I read awhile ago. In case you don't know, Elizabeth Smart is a young woman here in the U.S. who was abducted from her home when she was 14, held captive with little food for 9 months, and repeatedly raped. She said that after that traumatic experience, she used to ask, "Why me?" Then one day she realized, "Why NOT me? Why somebody else?"

What she said really touched me, and now every time I feel sorry for myself, I think, "Would I wish this on someone else? Of course not!" And it helps tremendously. I know that whatever I'm going through has a purpose and that I'm certainly no worse off (and, in fact, a lot better off) than many others.