Touched by a request



My topic in last Sunday school’s class was the “Lord’s Prayer” and I had the children do a “Prayer” activity. I had about 30 kids in my class and each was to write 3 prayer requests on a piece of paper, I included myself and my 15-year old assistant teacher. The pieces of papers were to be folded and the requests kept secret from one another.

After collecting, I had each of us pick one from the requests brought together, unfold, read and spend a few minutes to pray for it, individually. And we are to pray for the written prayer requests we got for this whole week and talk about it on Sunday.

When I opened mine, I was expecting 3 prayer requests that will include a wanted toy, a better grade or a more prosperous life and loving family but I was surprised!

Raymond is 8 years old and this is what he wrote in Tagalog (with translation).

His prayer request:

Gusto ko si ate Thess makalakad at mararans si Hesus (I want ate Thess to walk and experience Jesus)

Gusto ko si Raymond masaya at si ate Thess (I want Raymond to be happy and ate Thess)

Gusto ng ate Thess (This I’m not exactly sure what he’s requesting for)

I was close to tears when I read it, my student asking for healing for me. And sometimes you think teachers are swiftly forgotten and not much thought of after the class…

Makes all that effort and labor to teach, to mold, to care, worth every minute.


Comments