Perfectly Imperfect

(A little follow-up on the activity I had the kids do last Sunday)

So this morning at Sunday school class, I followed up on the activity we did last Sunday (Read the preceding post “Touched by a request” for that) and asked if anyone still remembered whose was the prayer request they got and if they remembered to pray for them during the week.

Hands went up, everyone’s hand then I said, “Honest, did you really remember to pray for it everyday?” Hands still up, I followed up with “Honestly, there were two to three days I forgot but I prayed whenever I remembered”, and repeated the question if they truly remembered to pray for the requests everyday, and the hands started dropping.

And there was a buzz in the crowd, all confessing they forgot some days too, all at same time (ha-ha!)

We, who tries to teach, influence, give sound advice, mold, etc. also need to let our students, disciples, listeners, everyone who looks up to us, see that we’re infallible too, that we forget, we make mistakes, we blunder, we’re perfectly imperfect, just like them.

And by doing that, teach honesty, humility and most of all, that despite of our imperfections, we can always strive to do better and we do just like they do. Thus, encouraging them to not give up or lose hope in the struggles.

Because the truth is, no one is perfect yet, we’re all still battling it out.


Comments