Malware (spying on you)

My internet was acting really weird for a few days. First, I’d get cut off almost every hour then every 10 or 20 minutes then worsened to disconnections every minute and only allowed me to stay online for a few each time. I noticed too that when I’m downloading or streaming while browsing a page, only the page fails to load but the downloading and streaming doesn’t cut off, and thought maybe it was the internet speed. I was so ready to blame the phone company providing our DSL. I was getting really frustrated.

The only thing that kept me from calling the tech is the dreadful memory of the last convo I had with one when he was asking me some tech stuff I couldn’t answer or check. So I typed the problem and googled it as last resort before I call up. It wasn’t long before I found a forum dealing with that problem, the suggestion was to get “Malware” (an anti-malware, anti spyware program) and run a scan.

I did and wow! It found 32 infected keys (like I know what that means exactly), deleted the files and wow again! My connection improved right away. The pages loaded faster and I didn’t get cut off anymore.

You won’t think malwares and spywares can so affect your computer but they can and I’ve learned that the annoying way. When I ran my Nod 32 in depth-analysis, it found files infected with Trojan viruses as well.

I didn’t used to have these problems before when I was still on dial-up, the price one pays for going broadband and upgrading.

Comments

MsRay said…
Aloha, Thess!

I must be in great risk because I am just "borrowing" my internet connection now. :(

Btw, you've been tagged- again. hehe!