Schmaltzy

We can’t let February pass this corner without some free verses of love. No woman should ever live without having to write or read some. So here are a few of my contributions:

To love again
It hurts here…
In the deepest crevice of myself
Where you can’t see it
You have to find it
To make it a lesser pain
It hurts in the mind…
Where the bitter parting is impressed
And you can’t erase it
So re-write it
And help me to dream
It hurts all over…
From skin to bone, heart to soul
Please touch it so
To bring healing
So I can love again

So close…
So close to touching your face
And breathing your breath
Unearthing your heart
And finding your secret

So close to seeing you smile
To wiping your tears
Holding you near
Blowing a kiss

Dim the lights and let me shine
I’ll be your sun, your illumination
And you, my hope
My source of inspiration

So close to dreaming awake
Surviving the night
Embracing the morning
Don’t halt, don’t think, don’t fight

So close, oh, sighing
So near but still so far
I open my eyes, crying
And…there you are….


Theresa Ellorando Flores


See? I’m just like any other single, unattached woman next to me. I get gooey too (Ugh).

BUT I’m glad that in four days, it’ll be MARCH! Yay!

Comments