The year that was

Ok, everyone’s kind of busy doing their lists of resolutions for this year and I’m sharing some of mine but before that, let me count my blessings so here’s a recap of the highlights of my year 2008:

Spiritual and ministry
I was able to go to the Kid’s camp last April (my first!) as facilitator and speaker (my first too), without family (Yes! My first!). I went alone with churchmates. My parents weren’t exactly sold out on the idea but I DID IT!

The start of 2008 wasn’t all good, I could’ve been more faithful to my daily readings of the Bible but it ended real well so I’m back on track and treading the book of Psalms.

We launched our scholarship program last May, 2008 and we’re now funding 56 scholars to school. I’m blessed to be a part of it, seeing how much it’s helped the children. God bless our generous sponsors.

People and Relationships
I’ve met new people, new friends this year that have been very good influences to me, helped me through some stuff, without them even knowing it. God truly works in amazing ways we never even imagine.

Sadly, I also had to cut off some ties (of some six years) that kept dragging me down. It was a really difficult decision but had to be made for my own peace.

Personal
Moved to blogger last April, got more readers (I’m happy with more than 5 people visiting my blog – I’m quite shallow). I’ve never been this busy in all the years I’ve known and I’m happy about it. My painting is steadily improving (Recently discovered the wonders of acrylic paints and brushes), and I recently joined a site for Filipino artists. I’m healthier and good health is wealth.

So God is good and faithful as always. There's so much more to be thankful for but these are what would make my 2008 memorable.

"I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness. I will sing praise to the name of the Lord most High - Ps.7:17"


Comments

Kevin said…
Nice post. Praise God for 2008 :)
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year! You've been tagged. Check it out!