What's it like

What’s 39 like? To be honest, it’s like 38 (he-he). Age is just a number, except for a few loose joints, I don’t feel any different. In fact, I feel like my life is just beginning. I’m more confident, I’ve more experiences to speak of, I’ve peace and in the 38 years I’ve lived, I’ve seen God’s faithfulness.

I feel beautiful (because I’m loved by family and friends and I wear earrings now – ha-ha!) I would’ve feared 39 ten years ago but now that I’m here, I’m liking it. I’m now in that place where you feel you should and dare to give unsolicited advice to those younger and allowed to say – “Listen to me, I’m older than you,” with authority. “If you don’t, I’ll run you over!”

So what does being just one year short of 40 feels like? It’s great! Quiet, subdued, a bit creaky but can still get it down.

In the Philippines we have a saying – “Only Carabaos (buffaloes) grow old”

--------

Sorry, I didn’t invite anyone to come over. I didn’t have a party, just a quiet lunch with family.

But I thank all who greeted me, remembered, called, those I told. I got greeted on the radio (the first time so that made it really special – 702 DZAS – Lj’s program “Inspirations Unlimited” – 3:00 to 4:30 Pm everyday - Philippines). Courtesy of Kevin (I should give him a real hug one of these days), couldn’t have thought of a better gift for my birthday.

-------

Romans 8:28

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the free plug Thess! :) My show starts at 2:30, sometimes later when the drama before my show ends late din. :)

Lj :)