Sunday night out

I was able to go out last Sunday night – Jan. 4, 2009, with my dad, siblings and church people, the post Christmas dinner was a treat for those behind our church’ ministries. First, we went to “Tramway” at Timog Ave. for an ‘eat all you can’ dinner (like I can really eat that much) and then our Pastor invited us to visit a newly opened recreation center across UP.

My mobile phone can only store limited pictures so here’s all I have to show for.


The deal with sushi - No deal!
I’ve always wanted to try it and rejoiced at the thought of finally getting the chance to and now I’m not doing it again. Shows how at times, we want something and when we get it, we didn’t like it. This is what was left (or most of it) of my sampling. It’s one of the varieties of stuff you can eat there. I’m probably just not a fan of Japanese food. To each his own I guess. I loved the Peking duck, the century egg and the fried Siomai though. And we had a plateful of water melons.

UP AYALA TECHNO- HUB - We convoyed with our Pastor to get there because we didn’t know where this place is and we had to circle an island and do a U-turn twice because we missed the entrance the first time. It’s a new place for hanging out in Quezon City. It’s so new that many haven’t discovered it yet, and some of the stores are still close. It’s open to the public now but most of the area is still under construction. And I’m happy to note they’ve special ramps constructed for people in wheelchairs (two thumbs up for that), and my nephews had a grand time sliding (and getting a ride on my lap) me up and down the ramps. It’s nice to know we’re being considered.

I had fun, I was stuffed and told Seth I could go without leaving the house for a few months again. Good start of the year. They had “Starbucks” there and for a second, thought of spending precious money BUT NO, not shelling out P140.00 for coffee no matter how glamorous the cup. I’m staying STINGY! But I wouldn’t have minded if Seth offered to buy me one…he-he. (Seth is my baby brother)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've been there only once and it was at noon. It was so hot going to flapjacks from the parking area. I think i had slight sunburn from that short walk. But I might go there again...sa gabi na =)
Thess said…
the fountain and the lights are spectacular at night.